Senior Research Executive
Position: Senior Research Executive
Salary: Dependent on experience
Based: London, UK with flexible working possible
Reporting to: Associate Research Director
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As a Senior Research Executive you will be building knowledge and expertise in strategic industry verticals and gain substantial hands-on experience with various data analysis techniques. You will be responsible for maintaining regular contact with clients and, together with senior team members, for upholding our reputation for excellent client services.
- Analyse and interpret data, write reports that tell a story with context and recommendations
- Produce regular research deliverables for continuous and ad hoc projects in line with the templates and/or direction from research leads
- Support senior project leads to ensure delivery on time and on budget, assist budget set ups and project scoping process
- Regularly test datasets of continuous clients and/or new platform features and work with the tech team to identify/solve issues
- Take responsibility for the day-to-day tasks of continuous research accounts – from setting up searches, dashboards, exporting/cleaning data, taking minutes and actions at meetings and overall ensuring that their expectations are managed and fulfilled
- Attend regular client meetings and work together with the research managers/leads to build strong client relationships based on client needs
- Become a wizard of all Pulsar properties Core, Trac and Trends – and suggest new processes, ways to undertake searches and deliver insights
- Support managers and RDs in creating client/vertical specific templates for reports, exports or other formats to craft a fit-for-purpose research approach
- We can all play a part in creating the inclusive and diverse environment that enables us to do our best work through being welcoming to others, considerate of difference, responsible in our behaviour, constructive in disagreement and open to learn.
- All staff have a responsibility and an essential role to play in safeguarding Access Intelligence’s information and that of its customers. You are required to take all reasonable steps to comply with the Access Intelligence Information Security Policy and the polices and processes outlined in the Access Intelligence Information Security Management System (ISMS).
- Have an interest in the new digital developments in the consumer market
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver results, meet deadlines and manage time effectively
- Problem-solving, analytical and numerical skills
- Collaborative team worker who takes pride in their work
- Inquisitive mind – you will be working with clients from all sectors, so you will need to think about what questions to ask and why
- Previous experience with social media data analysis is a plus
- Advanced excel skills and/or understanding of statistics is preferred.
- 1-2 years research experience
- Experience using social listening tools and technology for research
- Strong sense of ownership and dedication
- Curiosity and passion for brands and social media
- Ability to work well under pressure and respond to deadlines
- Supportive to peers and able to get on well with people at all levels
- Creative in thinking and communication
- Keen to learn and progress.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Work on amazing clients and brands – we do social media research for Twitter, Facebook and Instagram themselves, as well as clients in beauty (Coty, Unilever), Tech (Spotify, Sonos, here), Media and Entertainment (Discovery, 20th Century Fox), Automotive (Mazda, GM), and FMCG (Amazon, Sainsbury’s)
An exciting start-up culture, with state of the art new offices in Hatton Garden with a Gym and Wellness manager included, and a growing office in Los Angeles.
An open, collaborative team atmosphere; we’re friendly, approachable, and help each other every day – whether that’s crafting a tricky search strategy, finessing an insight, or coaching and sharing expertise in new research techniques.
We know that innovation thrives in teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems. As such, we are explicitly seeking individuals who will bring diverse life experience, diverse educational background, diverse culture, and diverse work experience. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our team.
Who we are: Pulsar is an audience intelligence SaaS platform and digital strategy consultancy. We help companies track, visualize, and understand what is being said on the web, on social media, search, and their own websites in order to help them generate insights for marketing and product. Our clients include Facebook, Twitter, The Guardian, Paramount, Mazda, Netflix, Spotify and Heineken.
Pulsar is part of the Access Intelligence group. Access Intelligence is a tech innovator, delivering high quality SaaS products that address the fundamental business needs of more than 3,500 global brands in the PR, communications and marketing industries. Our technology helps them understand what’s important to their customers, stakeholders and their brand as they navigate a constantly changing world of influence online, in media, politics and social media. We provide practical tools and human insight to power their communications and realise a step change in awareness, reputation and engagement. Learn more about our group at: www.accessintelligence.com.
Why we’re different: We are the only audience intelligence platform bringing together Social, Search and Web analytics data to give users a truly holistic view of their audience. We were born out of an audience research agency which means we can offer advanced consultancy to support global programs for our enterprise clients and we are ourselves customers of our own SaaS products, and the most demanding ones!
Why join us: We work in a friendly, supportive and inclusive environment, where people operate with a high degree of autonomy, over four different time zones across Europe and the United States. We value excellence, creative courage, bright ideas, and the ability to have fun.