Director of Sales Enablement
Position: Director of Sales Enablement
Based: Hatton Garden, London, UK
Reporting into: Chief Operating Officer
Direct reports: Sales Enablement Manager
Salary: Competitive, plus bonus.
About us: Pulsar is an audience intelligence SaaS platform and digital strategy consultancy. We help companies track, visualize, and understand what is being said on the web, on social media, search, and their own websites in order to help them generate insights for marketing and product. Our clients include Facebook, Twitter, Sainsbury’s, Paramount, Mazda, Netflix, Gymshark and Amazon to name a few.
Our group: Pulsar is part of the Access Intelligence group. Access Intelligence is a tech innovator, delivering high quality SaaS products that address the fundamental business needs of clients in the marketing and communications industries. We combine AI technologies with human expertise to analyse data and create insights to understand what has impact on an organisation and their audiences, from customers to stakeholders, politicians to influencers and the media.
The evolving Access Intelligence portfolio includes Isentia, the market-leading media monitoring, intelligence and insights solution provider; Pulsar, the most advanced audience intelligence and social listening platform; Vuelio, which provides monitoring, insight, engagement and evaluation tools for politics, editorial and social media in one place; and ResponseSource, the network that connects journalists and influencers to the PR and communications industry.
Access Intelligence is an AIM-listed SaaS provider with over 1,000 employees across 10 countries. Our technology is used by 6,000 organisations every day, from global blue-chip enterprises and communications agencies to public sector organisations and not-for-profits.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Access Intelligence is a company going through rapid expansion and is now looking for someone to set up and run a Sales Enablement function, so that it can scale its commercial teams effectively. In this new role we are looking for someone to bring prior sales enablement expertise, ideally with a global focus, to the development of our sales enablement strategy and the design and implementation of a series of programs for providing integrated content, training and coaching services for commercial teams (onboarding and ongoing) along the entire customer buying journey. The role requires continuous cross-functional work internally to determine ‘enablement’ priorities that ensure the highest level of business impact for each of the programs.
The overriding objective of the Sales Enablement function is to increase the effectiveness (opportunity to customer conversion rate) of specific new business, up/cross sell and partner activities as determined by VPs of New Business & Customer Success and to increase consistency across all products and brands.
This role reports to the COO and is responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of any team members in the Sales Enablement function.
- Define the vision and strategy for setting up and running a successful Sales Enablement function according to market best-practice, that ensures that internal commercial teams and partners are equipped with the right knowledge and skills to be effective as quickly as possible.
- Ensure that enablement activities align to the strategic priorities of the business.
- Create and implement a sales enablement methodology with associated activities such as buyer process maps, sales playbook, etc.
- Oversee the execution of the strategy for the Sales Enablement function, ensuring all programs deliver against the outcomes and KPIs that have been agreed with sales leadership.
- Lead and manage a team focused on the design, delivery, and continuous improvement of sales enablement programs, including the systems, knowledge, methodology and content to achieve the outcomes and KPIs.
- Provide expertise of sales enablement, training and learning to develop the skills of direct reports and support their career development.
- Ensure that an appropriate range of learning methodologies are adopted for programmes.
- Ensure sales collateral and RFP responses are maintained and updated in an accessible manner.
- Become a subject matter expert in our sales processes, buyers journey, sales methodology, and competitive intelligence, and also seek to provide feedback on areas to be improved.
- Be ‘data driven’ in determining or prioritising where the biggest impact can be made and continuously gather insights to refine the approach and methodologies used.
- Work closely with product management, product marketing, sales teams, sales leaders, and other cross-functional experts to increase collaboration and effectively build awareness and support of sales enablement programs. Drive alignment across brands wherever practical.
- In collaboration with other functions define and track appropriate metrics to measure sales enablement success and identify and implement needed improvements based on that data.
- Bring thought leadership to enablement initiatives based on past experience to positively impact sales and enablement team results.
- All staff have a responsibility and an essential role to play in safeguarding Access Intelligence’s information and that of its customers. You are required to take all reasonable steps to comply with the Access Intelligence Information Security Policy and the polices and processes outlined in the Access Intelligence Information Security Management System (ISMS) and, as a manager of a team, to ensure compliance within your team.
- We can all play a part in creating the inclusive and diverse environment that enables us to do our best work through being welcoming to others, considerate of difference, responsible in our behaviour, constructive in disagreement and open to learn.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of sales, sales operations, and/or sales enablement experience with 3+ years of management experience. Experience of working with global teams is an advantage.
- Experience of successfully creating and implementing a sales enablement process/methodology with associated activities such as buyer process maps, sales playbook etc.
- Experience in building effective sales onboarding, training, and coaching programs. In depth instructional design experience or training qualifications are a bonus.
- Ability to identify and track metrics that demonstrate improvements in sales productivity.
- Excellent communication skills including public speaking, presentations, teaching, facilitating, and writing.
- Ability to forge relationships across internal organizations and build consensus amid competing priorities.
- Experience in executing change management initiatives with established approaches.
We know that innovation thrives in teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems. As such, we are explicitly seeking individuals who will bring diverse life experience, diverse educational background, diverse culture, and diverse work experience. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our team.
- 25 days holiday, rising to 27 with service
- Life Assurance
- Pension Contribution
- Sabbatical eligibility (after 5 years)
- Summer & Winter Parties
- Perkbox reward scheme
- Opt in private heathcare
- Long Term Service Awards
- Eligibility for Performance based awards
- Access to an in-house Wellness Manager for support with fitness, injury management, nutrition and meditation and, in the office, an in-house gym in which we run a range of wellbeing classes
- A friendly team and a range of soft benefits such as fruit and good coffee in the office, Cycle Scheme and company social activities